In the current year, USEFP has introduced a comprehensive fully funded scholar program spanning a full year, available to PHD scholars, professionals, and artists from all fields. Those chosen for the Fulbright post-doc opportunity are expected to contribute to cross-cultural understanding by sharing the norms and culture of their society with U.S. students, colleagues, and community groups throughout their 12-month stay in the United States. Moreover, Fulbright Scholars are anticipated to return to their home country and disseminate the knowledge and experiences gained during their U.S. stay within their own communities. Their educational insights acquired at U.S. institutions should be manifested through impactful developmental initiatives back home.
The exceptional chance to access the United States without the need for IELTS/TOFEL or any other English proficiency test provides a gateway for individuals keen on driving societal change through the exchange of knowledge and research. Approximately 15 scholars will be selected for the 2024 program. Among these scholars, 13 slots are designated for faculty members and researchers in the early phases of their research careers (2-7 years post-Ph.D. completion). The remaining two slots in this fully funded Fulbright program are reserved for senior scholars with 8-15 years since the completion of their Ph.D. or terminal degrees.
The United States Educational Foundation in Pakistan (USEFP) is inviting applications for the 2024 Fulbright Scholar program, with a primary goal of fostering cultural exchange between the U.S. and Pakistan. To this end, candidates must present a well-prepared proposal outlining their intended accomplishments and contributions through research in the U.S., with a clear emphasis on the benefits this will bring to their Pakistani community. This program serves as an exceptional platform for Pakistani scholars to step forward, contribute to their communities, and drive significant developments in their respective fields. Consequently, this year’s Fulbright scholarship for Ph.D. scholars and professionals provides an avenue for them to actively participate in their country’s progress, and this opportunity is undoubtedly one that should be pursued by dedicated and deserving scholars.
Fulbright Scholar Program for Pakistan 2024 in the USA:
- United States of America
- United States Education Foundation in Pakistan (USEFP)
Duration of the Fulbright Program 2024:
- The duration of the Fulbright scholarship in the USA is up to 12 months
Benefits of the Fulbright Scholar Program in the USA 2024:
- The Fulbright program provided the scholars with a research allowance.
- All the selected scholars will be given a living stipend.
- The scholars will be provided with an airfare grant.
- The scholars can bring as many dependents as they have however one dependent will be fully funded.
- Health insurance will be provided to the scholars.
- The USEFP will also assist in the visa processing of the selected scholars.
Eligibility Criteria of the Fulbright Scholar Program in the USA 2024:
- All scholars, professionals, and artists from all fields except clinical medicine are eligible to apply.
- The applicants must have PHD or terminal degree in their relevant fields.
- The candidates must have the relevant degrees for at least 2 years.
- The candidates must be Pakistani and must be residing and working in Pakistan.
- Women and disabled persons from AJK, KPK, Baluchistan, Gilgit-Baltistan, Northern Sindh, and Southern Punjab are highly recommended to apply.
- Candidates who have dual US/Pakistani nationality are not eligible.
- Candidates who have a US national spouse or a US national child above 18 years of age can not apply.
- Candidates who have already studying in the US or in a long-term program for the last five years can not apply.
- Employees and dependents of USEFP, or the U.S. Department of State are not eligible to apply.
- Candidates who are on work visas in the US cannot apply.
- The candidates must have excellent command of the English language.
How to apply for the Fulbright Program 2024 in the USA?
- The applicants have to complete the application online.
- The candidates have to submit all application materials (original and one copy), including references, to USEFP.
- Applicants must go through the “Application Instructions” thoroughly after logging in prior to filling in the forms.
- The applicants must have a clear and well-formulated proposal about what they would like to accomplish in the U.S. and how it relates to their work in Pakistan.
- To apply for this program the candidates must have at least two invitation letters from the U.S. universities which can be submitted either at the time of applying or after the candidate has been shortlisted for the grant.
- The application should be about the applicant which could clarify that how the grant time will be spent, and what outcomes can be reasonably expected.
- The candidate must submit a reference letter from someone professional who knows the candidate’s work and character extensively.
- Make sure to answer all the application questions.
- Apply as soon as possible before the closing date.
Fulbright Scholarship Deadline:
- The last date to submit the application is September 20, 2023