The Mitacs Globalink Research Internship 2024 is an initiative by Canada aimed at empowering and educating international students through the teaching of Canadian research methods and techniques. This internship program provides a 12-week research opportunity for international students in various disciplines, allowing them to work under the supervision of professors or faculty members at Canadian universities. Interns can engage in summer internships in fields such as science, engineering, mathematics, humanities, and social sciences. The internship is fully funded and offers interdisciplinary and collaborative research projects, allowing students to explore specific or general categories of projects.
This fully funded internship is available at nearly 70 universities across Canada and involves academic partners from around the world who also participate in the research projects. These academic partners, including Universities Australia, Brazil’s Araucaria Foundation, The China Scholarship Council, Columbia’s Ministry of Science, Technology, and Innovation, Fulbright Canada, and Universities UK International, provide ideas and techniques to students during their internship projects at Canadian universities. The support of these international partners contributes to the success of the Globalink internship program.
Considered one of the top internships in Canada, this program offers students from different universities the opportunity to collaborate on projects. Participating in this international paid internship can be life-changing for students as they interact with peers from different countries and institutions. Through this collaborative internship, they can establish a global network of Mitacs Globalink alumni, fostering cooperation for a better future. For instance, a student from Harvard collaborated with Queen’s University to develop an instrument for rapid screening of Lyme disease-causing pathogens. Similarly, researchers from the University of Alberta and Yukon University are partnering with mining companies to restore vegetation in Yukon mines.
The Global Research Internship for international students is a highly competitive initiative that seeks to attract talented researchers from Mitacs partner institutions in Canada. Its main objective is to bridge the gap between Canada and emerging global research talent. Mitacs also provides opportunities for interns to attend industry events, government events, and professional development courses during their stay in Canada. This allows them to expand their knowledge and skills and fully benefit from the Mitacs Globalink Canada internship program. Studies have shown that 95% of interns speak positively about the impact of this internship. Additionally, alumni of this internship who wish to pursue further studies in Canada are eligible for the Globalink Graduate Fellowship.
- 12-Week International Internship for students in Canada
Benefits of the Matics Internship 2024 in Canada:
- The internees will get a chance to do their research with Canadian professors and universities.
- The internees will get a stipend for student enrollment fees that will be up to a maximum of $300.
- Round-trip airfare to Canada will be given.
- The interns will be provided with transportation from the airport in Canada to their place of accommodation.
- Students will be given a stipend for housing.
- Health insurance will be covered.
- The interns will get free registration for industry events and professional development courses.
- A Globalink Research Completion Certificate will be provided.
- The applicant must be a full-time undergraduate or undergraduate/master’s student from an eligible institution.
- The applicant must be from an eligible country.
- Australia, Brazil, China, Colombia, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Mexico, Taiwan, Tunisia, Ukraine, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
- The applicant must be at least 18 years of age.
- The applicant must have one or three remaining semesters as of Fall 2023.
- The applicant must be available for a 12-week internship in Canada.
- The applicants have to apply online through the Global Student platform.
- If the applicant’s program is not clearly mentioned in the list, he/she must search with multiple keywords in different disciplines. The applicant can search in both general and specific categories. If the university is still not appearing then contact h[email protected]
- You must apply for a minimum of three and a maximum of seven projects in at least three Canadian provinces.
- There is no submit button, you must have completed your application carefully, at the date of clothing.
- It is recommended to complete the application at least two working days before the deadline.
- The applicant’s reference letter must be from his/her professor who is currently supervising his/her in the home country.
- Do not forget to save your application before leaving the application page.
- A CV
- Your official transcript in English or French
- Personal Statement
- At least 1 reference letter
- A Valid Passport
- Research Experience
Mitacs Internship Application Deadline:
- The application deadline for the Mitacs paid summer internship program 2022 is June 8, 2023.