ADB Japan Scholarship Program at the University of Tokyo Japan: The ADB Japan Scholarship Program is an initiative led by the Government of Japan, aimed at attracting highly qualified individuals from ADB member countries to pursue their master’s degrees at participating institutes in the Asia-Pacific region. One of the prestigious institutes involved in this program is the University of Tokyo in Japan. Through the Asian Development Japan Scholarship, students are granted the opportunity to study at the University of Tokyo without any tuition fees. This fully-funded scholarship for international students aims to further enhance their existing skills and direct them towards fields related to development for a better future.
The Japan Government Scholarship Program focuses on promoting studies in economics, science, and environment-related fields. The ADB scholarship was established in 1988 to support students from ADB member countries. Since its inception, the Asian Development Bank has been dedicated to the social and economic well-being of its member states, supporting sustainable projects. Recognizing the evolving needs of the Asia-Pacific region, the Asian Development Bank joined hands with the Japanese Government to establish funds for the ADD-Japan scholarship, benefiting international students from member states.
The ASD-JSP Scholarship at the University of Tokyo presents an exceptional and significant opportunity for individuals to study at one of the world’s top institutions, completely free of charge. While the international scholarship provides the option to study at multiple participating institutes, this article focuses solely on the opportunity at the University of Tokyo. With nearly 4,200 international students, the university embraces diversity and offers a rich cultural environment. ADB scholars not only excel academically but also have the chance to learn to coexist, respect diversity, and immerse themselves in various cultures. Additionally, the University of Tokyo takes pride in producing notable alumni, including seventeen prime ministers, seventeen Nobel Prize Laureates, five astronauts, and a Fields Medalist. Hence, the University of Tokyo becomes an ideal destination for ADB scholars.
One remarkable aspect of this Asian Development Bank grant is that graduates under this Japan scholarship are required to return to their home countries to contribute to their country’s development and sustainability. Interestingly, this international scholarship for master’s students allows them to apply to multiple institutes. Therefore, this scholarship program offers an exceptional opportunity, but it is only suitable for those who are eager to serve their home countries and people in the best possible way. The following article elaborates on the application process for the University of Tokyo under the ADB-JSP 2022. Furthermore, the benefits and eligibility criteria are discussed in detail.
ADB Japan Scholarship Program 2024:
- The University of Tokyo
- The Government of Japan
- The Asian Development Bank
- Master’s Degree Programs
- Department of Natural Environmental Studies
- Department of Ocean Technology, Policy, and Environment
- Department of Environment Systems
- Department of Human and Engineered Environmental Studies
- Department of Socio-Cultural Environment Studies
- Department of International Studies
- Graduate Program in Sustainability Science – Global Leadership Initiative
ADB-Japan Scholarship Program Benefits 2024:
- The full tuition fee will be covered by the ADB-Japan scholarship.
- The scholars will be provided with a monthly subsistence and housing allowance.
- The scholar will be given a book allowance and a grant for instructional materials.
- The scholar’s medical insurance will be covered.
- The travel expense will be covered.
Eligibility Criteria of the ADB Japan Scholarship Program 2024:
- The candidate must be a citizen of an ADB member state or a Japanese ODA scholarship-eligible country.
- The candidates must have been admitted to the University of Tokyo Japan for a master’s program.
- The candidates must have a bachelor’s degree with an excellent academic record.
- The candidate must have 2 years of professional experience after completion of the degree program.
- The candidates must be proficient in English.
- The candidate must not be more than 35 years of age. However, for the programs which are appropriate for senior officials and managers, the age limit is 45 years.
- If the candidate is an employee or has an immediate relationship with the ADB employee he/she can not apply.
- The candidate must be in good health and can move to Tokyo for studies.
- The candidate who is not living or working in his/her own home country, he/she can not apply.
- The candidates must be agreed on a return to their home countries after the completion of the program.
- The candidate must maintain an exceptional academic record to continue the scholarship for the second year.
How to Apply for ADB Scholarship Program 2024?
- The candidates must apply to the University of Tokyo for a desired master’s program.
- The candidates have to mention for consideration for the ADB scholarship.
- The ADB JSP information sheet form must also be sent to the University of Tokyo.
- The candidates have to submit their proof of income, tax returns, or proof of family income.
- Tokyo University will rank the applicants and send the details to the ADB.
- The documents must be submitted online as well as sent by post.
Application Procedure of the ADB UTokyo Scholarship 2024:
- The application procedure is divided into 5 main steps.
- The candidate should search for a supervisor at the University of Tokyo.
- By December the candidate must send the set of a complete application.
- The University of Tokyo verifies the sent qualifications of the applicants from December to February.
- By March, successful candidates must apply for an ADB scholarship by GSFS.
- The application deadline for the ADB Japan Scholarship Program at the University of Tokyo Japan is December 10, 2023.