Gates Cambridge Scholarship 2024-25 in UK: The Gates Cambridge Scholarship for the 2024-25 academic year presents an exceptional opportunity for students with exceptional intellectual capabilities who are committed to making a positive impact on the lives of others. The Gates Scholarship is affiliated with one of the world’s top universities and is dedicated to fostering a dynamic community of future global leaders who have the potential to effect meaningful and optimistic change in the world. Gates Scholars at Cambridge University engage in diverse discussions and explorations of topics ranging from innovations and challenges to solutions. As a result, students who secure the Gates Cambridge Trust scholarship also contribute to the university’s overarching mission, which is to contribute to the betterment of society.
The Gates Cambridge scholarship for international students is an initiative of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, established in 2000, and has since produced highly influential individuals across the globe. Gates postgraduates have made their mark in various fields, excelling in science, technology, arts, music, human rights, and more. This is attributed to the exceptional academic resources and opportunities provided to postgraduate scholars under the Bill and Melinda Gates Scholarship at Cambridge University.
This outstanding scholarship program at Cambridge University offers 80 scholarships to international postgraduate students to pursue master’s or PhD degrees in the UK. A significant portion of these Gates scholars are PhD students. Furthermore, this fully-funded award at one of the UK’s most prestigious institutions forms a community of exceptionally talented students who foster long-term personal and professional relationships. This vast alumni network has expanded worldwide and serves as the voice of Cambridge in contributing to communities through collaboration and innovation.
The Gates Scholarship represents the largest single donation to any UK university. As the Gates Foundation is unwavering in its commitment to combat poverty, disease, and inequality globally, it has contributed a substantial $120 million to support this full-cost scholarship program. This reflects the organization’s dedication to promoting equality. The fully-funded international scholarship in the UK for international students serves as a launchpad for exceptional and talented students, allowing them to access one of the world’s most prestigious universities without financial concerns. To apply for the Cambridge scholarship correctly, please carefully review the following instructions.
Gates Cambridge Scholarship 2024-25 in the UK:
- United Kingdom
- University of Cambridge
- One-year postgraduate course
Number of Scholarships:
- 80 full-cost scholarships
Benefits of the Gates Cambridge Scholarship 2024-25:
- The total study cost will be covered by this scholarship.
- An annual maintenance allowance of 20,000 will be provided.
- The visa cost will be covered.
- An economy class one-time airfare will be provided.
- The cost of immigration Health Surcharge will be covered.
- Additional academic development funds up to £500-£2000 will be given to attend conferences and other courses. However, the amount depends on the course length.
- The scholarship covers a family allowance of up to £11,604 for one child and up to £16,548 for two or more children.
- The scholarship also covers hardship costs or the cost of any unforeseen difficulty.
- Fieldwork Allowance
- Maternity/Paternity funding
Eligibility Criteria of the Gates Cambridge Scholarship UK 2024-25:
- All international graduates except UK nationals can apply.
- The applicants must have an excellent academic background.
- The applicant must have contacted the supervisor and be accepted by the supervisor to continue his/her research.
- The applicant must be able to defend his/her choice of course.
How to Apply for the Gates Cambridge Scholarship UK 2024-25?
- The applicant has to apply online via the University’s Graduate Application Portal.
- The applicant first has to choose a specific course and college place.
- Provide all the relevant details about personal data, and academic background, and plan for your course and apply for the course and college.
- Apply for funding from the funding section. You can apply for multiple funding offered by the university and other organizations including the Gates Cambridge Scholarship.
- You can apply for as many courses as you want but you have to apply separately for each course.
- If the course is already full, the application status will be closed even before the deadline, So apply as early as you can.
Required Documents for Gates Cambridge University Scholarship:
- Personal statement of no more than 3000 characters.
- The PhD candidates have to submit a research proposal. Even if the application for a course or college does not require a research proposal, the Gates scholarship has this requirement as a mandatory one.
- Three reference letters (One can be from a current employee if needed.
Gates Scholarship Application Deadline:
- The deadline for International students is either 5 December 2023 or 4 January 2024, depending on the course
- The deadline for US citizens is 26 October 2023.