Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship in USA: The Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship is an exceptional opportunity for international students seeking to pursue higher education in the United States, fully funded and free of charge. This prestigious scholarship is aimed at enabling outstanding individuals with a strong academic record to further their studies at one of the world’s top ten institutions, namely the Hubert H. Humphrey School of Public Affairs at the University of Minnesota. Therefore, the Sawiris Scholarship presents a remarkable chance for those who aspire to gain a skill-oriented educational experience in the USA.
Administered by Newton Education Services on behalf of the Sawiris Foundation for Social Development, the Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship offers comprehensive financial support. Newton Education Services has a commendable track record of preparing students for successful university experiences. Since 2015, the organization has collaborated with the Sawiris Foundation to select scholarship recipients based on their prior work experience and academic excellence. In 2015, Newton was chosen by the Sawiris Foundation for Social Development (SFSD) to manage the Yousriya Loza Sawiris Scholarship (YLSS).
YLSS is a fully funded Master’s scholarship in the USA sponsored by the Sawiris Foundation for Social Development, a respected non-profit Egyptian organization with a strong commitment to charitable work. The Sawiris Foundation is dedicated to creating opportunities for international education and job placements, along with specialized training programs tailored to the economic needs of the job market. Additionally, the foundation generously provides fully funded international scholarships to financially disadvantaged students, enabling them to pursue their education at some of the world’s most prestigious institutions without the burden of financial constraints.
The Master’s degree scholarship at the Hubert H. Humphrey School of Public Affairs is designed for students who meet the academic entry requirements for the MDP program. The MDP program is a dynamic, systemwide training initiative designed to enhance and strengthen leadership skills and competencies. An outstanding feature of these fully funded scholarships in the United States is that they are awarded based on both financial need and merit. The merit of the Yousriya Loza-Sawiris USA Scholarship for Egyptians is assessed through criteria such as academic excellence, involvement in extracurricular activities, and demonstrated positive social behavior. Therefore, individuals who meet these criteria are encouraged to apply for this esteemed international scholarship opportunity.
Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship in USA 2024-25:
- United States of America
- Newton Education Services
- University of Minnesota
Benefits of the Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship 2024-25 in USA:
- The full tuition fee will be paid.
- All the travel expenses will be covered.
- The living expenses will be covered by this scholarship.
- The health insurance of the student will be fully covered.
Eligibility Criteria of the Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship 2024-25:
- The students who are Egyptian nationals and also reside in Egypt can only apply.
- Students with dual nationality will not be preferred.
- The candidates must hold a Bachelor’s degree or must be having an equivalent education from a well-reputed institute.
- The Bachelor’s degree must be related to the selected field of study.
- The candidate must have completed a 50-credit academic master’s program in two academic years.
- The candidate must have completed an 8-10 week mid-program summer field experience.
- The candidate must have employment in the development sector in Egypt following graduation for no less than two consecutive years.
- The candidate must have at least two years of work experience in the relevant field.
- The candidate must fulfill all the entry requirements for the academic MDP program.
- Students from liberal arts, mathematics, statistics, and economics are highly recommended.
- An English proficiency certificate is required. Minimum required scores: 100 ( TOEFL internet-based, minimum 22 on each section), or 7 (IELTS, minimum 7 on each section).
How to apply for the Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship in the USA?
- The candidates have to apply online for the scholarship.
- The candidates have to apply to and be accepted at, the Masters of Development Practice (MDP) program at the Hubert H. Humphrey School of Public Affairs, University of Minnesota, USA, independently from this scholarship application.
- The candidates have to write a personal statement in the form of an essay that must not exceed more than 1000 words.
- If someone is residing abroad, he or she must give a valid reason for staying abroad.
Documents Required for the Fully-Funded Scholarships:
- Completed application form.
- The personal statement
- Copy of valid passport ID page
- Copy of the National ID
- Copy of the National ID of the guarantor. The guarantor is the person who signs the contract with the accepted student. This person could be the candidate’s father, mother, sister, or brother.
- An updated resume.
- All undergraduate and graduate (if applicable) transcripts.
- TOEFL/IELTS score.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- One recent personal photo.
- HR letter from current employer including salary/salary slip or a bank statement in case of unemployment.
- The last date to apply for the scholarship is October 12, 2023.