Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships: The Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships for the academic year 2023/24 in the United Kingdom offer an outstanding opportunity for the brightest minds hailing from Commonwealth nations. This fully-funded UK scholarship allows students to pursue their master’s degrees without the burden of financial constraints. The primary aim of the Commonwealth Scholarship is to foster peace and economic stability in low and middle-income countries, as well as to uplift disadvantaged individuals from Commonwealth member states.
Funding for the Commonwealth Master’s Scholarship 2024 is provided by the UK Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO), with the goal of promoting sustainable development in both lower and upper-middle-income countries. This year, the Commonwealth grant encompasses six key thematic areas, spanning from science and technology to the advancement of global prosperity, crisis management, healthcare systems, and increased access to opportunities. These focused themes are designed to inspire individuals to actively engage in shaping a better future.
Furthermore, the alumni of the Commonwealth program form a tight-knit community network that forges lasting connections between current and past scholars. Commonwealth fellows readily assist each other with academic-related concerns, drawing from their own experiences and collaborating on various projects. The impact of Commonwealth scholarships is profound; since 1959, nearly 28,500 Commonwealth scholars have been recipients of fully-funded scholarships from the UK Government. These scholarships have produced influential figures, including prime ministers, cabinet ministers, Nobel laureates, diplomats, researchers, and leaders of prominent NGOs and businesses.
Becoming a Commonwealth fellow grants individuals lifelong status as Commonwealth scholars, affording them the opportunity to leverage an extensive network of CSC alumni to drive development and change in their home countries and other Commonwealth nations across the globe. Additionally, this UK Government scholarship allows scholars to become members of Knowledge Hubs, which serve as platforms for sharing and appreciating ideas and projects. These Knowledge Hubs also serve as valuable sources of information for new opportunities, events, and news, as they are connected and operated through LinkedIn. To successfully apply for this life-changing opportunity, it is crucial to carefully review the following information.
Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships 2023/24 in the UK:
- United Kingdom
- UK Universities
- The UK Foreign Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO)
- Master’s Degree Programs
Benefits of the Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships 2023/24:
- The scholarship covers the return air ticket of the selected candidates.
- The scholarship covers full tuition fees.
- The candidates will get a monthly stipend of £1,347 per month, or £1,652 per month.
- The scholarship also covers the warm cloth allowance.
- The cost of the thesis or dissertation will be covered.
- It provides students with study travel grants within or outside the UK.
- If the candidates are widowed, divorced, or single parents, the scholarship pays the child £576.61 for the first child and £143 per month for the second and third child under the age of 16.
- Additional allowance for a disabled person
Eligible Countries of the Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships 2023:
- Papua New Guinea
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- Sri Lanka
- St Helena
- St Lucia
- St Vincent and the Grenadines
- The Gambia
Eligibility Criteria of the Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships 2023/24:
- An applicant must be a native or a refugee of eligible Commonwealth countries.
- An applicant must be a permanent resident of eligible Commonwealth countries.
- An applicant must be available for study in the UK by the beginning of the UK academic calendar, i.e., September 2024.
- An applicant must have provided all the necessary documents in the required format.
- For more information about the eligibility criteria, visit the official website.
How to Apply for Commonwealth Scholarship 2023/24?
- The candidates have to apply from any one of the given nominating bodies i.e. National Nominating Agencies or Non-Governmental Organizations, and Charitable Bodies.
- CSC does not accept direct applications which have not followed the above-mentioned routes.
- The candidates must keep in mind that every nominating body has different eligibility criteria, so they must check the eligibility requirements of their nominating body as well. The candidates have to apply through the CSC online application system.
- The CSC applications and applications required by the nominating bodies are different and the candidates must apply for both.
- An application that is not submitted via the CSC online application system will not be accepted.
- Make sure that your reference letters are directly submitted by your referees. The referees will be sent an email for reference letter submission.
Commonwealth Scholarship Application Deadline:
- The application deadline for the scholarship is 17 October 2023.