UNESCO ICT in Education Prize 2024 : Applications are currently being accepted for the UNESCO ICT in Education Prize! This initiative, known as the UNESCO King Hamad Bin Isa Al-Khalifa Prize for the Use of ICT in Education, seeks to recognize exceptional global projects and programs that leverage Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) to enrich educational experiences. The prize acknowledges innovative approaches in utilizing emerging technologies to enhance learning opportunities for all, aligning with the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
Established in 2005 with support from the Kingdom of Bahrain, the UNESCO ICT Prize honors individuals and organizations actively involved in outstanding projects. The 2023-2024 edition of the UNESCO ICT Prize in Education celebrates significant contributions in the realm of Education and Technology. To participate in this prestigious UNESCO ICT Prize, it is essential to carefully review the details provided.
The King Hamad Bin Isa Al-Khalifa Prize for the Use of ICT in Education aims to encourage the creative application of technologies to enhance learning, teaching, and overall educational effectiveness in the digital age. It offers a valuable opportunity for individuals and organizations to address various challenges and opportunities in Education while potentially earning prizes and recognition for their technological contributions to education advancement.
The UNESCO ICT in Education Award features an international panel that annually selects two exceptional projects. Each recipient is awarded a monetary prize of $25,000, a medal, and a diploma during a ceremony held at UNESCO Headquarters in Paris, making it a highly appealing international opportunity.
Additionally, the prize consistently emphasizes the responsible and ethical use of information and communication technologies, aligning with UNESCO’s mission and principles. With an annual thematic focus, the UNESCO Education Prize revolves around a specific theme each year. The theme for the 2023 edition is “Digital learning for greening education,” highlighting the impact of best practices in utilizing digital technologies. The overall goal is to foster capabilities and commitment to sustainable development among learners. If this award’s theme resonates with you, be sure to submit your application before the deadline for the 2023 edition of the UNESCO Use of ICT in Education Prize.
Theme of 2023 Edition of UNESCO Prize:
- The theme for the year 2023-2024 is “Digital learning for greening education.”
Deadline is February 5, 2024
- Country: France/Bahrain/Online
- Financial coverage: Paid
Eligibility Criteria :
Does the UNESCO international prize in Education seem interesting to you? If it does, do not forget to go through the eligibility criteria for the UNESCO King Hamad Bin Isa Al-Khalifa Prize for the Use of ICT in Education 2023.
Eligibility Criteria for UNESCO ICT in Education Prize 2023-24:
- Individuals, institutions, non-governmental organizations, or any other entities are eligible to apply for this award.
- All the projects must align with the theme of the year.
- All projects for the prize must also be in progress for at least one year.
- Moreover, neither the project nor its organization should have any affiliation with UNESCO, and they should not be recipients of funding from UNESCO.
- To be eligible for the UNESCO ICT in Education Prize 2023-24, the project must be public and offered free of charge.
- Suitability of Digital Solutions: The project should be grounded in a needs assessment and utilize purpose-fit technologies to deliver secure, inclusive, and robust tools.
- Inclusion and Equity: Emphasis should be on how the project promotes inclusion and equity in Education, considering marginalized groups, minorities, and learners with diverse abilities.
- Education Innovation: The project must embrace innovative pedagogical methodologies tailored for climate education, promoting digital learning and active learner engagement.
- Evidence of Impact: All submissions for the UNESCO prize 2023-24 should provide tangible evidence of the project’s impact on the learners reached, demonstrating achievement of pre-defined learning outcomes.
- Potential for Scalability and Replicability: The project must showcase evidence of its potential to be replicated in different contexts or its capacity for further optimization and scalability to increase its impact.
If you meet the eligibility criteria above, make sure to read the several advantages of the UNESCO ICT in Education Prize 2023-2024. All participants will greatly benefit from this unique initiative by the Kingdom of Bahrain.
Benefits of the UNESCO King Hamad Bin Isa Al-Khalifa Prize for the Use of ICT in Education:
- An international jury will choose the two best projects. The prize winners will each receive a cash prize of $25,000. Hence, providing financial reward.
- All awardees will also receive international recognition from UNESCO, highlighting their innovative efforts in utilizing ICT for educational purposes.
- The prize winners are honored during a prestigious ceremony held at UNESCO Headquarters in Paris, enhancing their visibility and credibility within the global educational community.
- Recognition through the ICT in Education Prize signifies alignment with UNESCO’s mission and values.
- Winning the UNESCO ICT in Education Prize improves the visibility of the projects and their creators, potentially leading to broader recognition and support.
- How to Apply for the UNESCO Education Prize?
- To apply for this international prize, applicants must request their user account or click on the ‘apply now’ button below for account request.
- Similarly, go to the online application portal and make sure to submit the form carefully, filling out all the fields.
- It is important to note that self-nominations are not allowed. Applicants or organizations must contact a nominating authority.
- NGOs or Governments of the Member States of UNESCO, in official partnership, can make up to three nominations for the UNESCO ICT in Education Prize.
- The international jury meeting will take place in March 2024.
Application Deadline for the UNESCO ICT in Education Prize 2023-2024:
- The deadline to apply for the UNESCO King Hamad Bin Isa Al-Khalifa Prize for the Use of ICT in Education is 5 February 2024.
Increase your chances of acceptance for the program by using our professional services