EWC Graduate Degree Fellowship in the United States : The East West Centre Graduate Degree Fellowship in the United States extends a warm welcome to dedicated, industrious, and enthusiastic recent graduates from across the world. This exceptional opportunity is open to individuals holding a Bachelor’s degree from a foreign institution or a U.S.-based institute. The purpose of this fellowship in the USA is to collaborate with the East West Centre in fostering growth in various areas, including education, cultural exchange, residential community development, and leadership enhancement. Additionally, participants will be concurrently pursuing post-graduate studies at the University of Hawai’i.
This international fellowship not only provides financial support but, more importantly, aims to cultivate a sense of community within the Asia Pacific region, preparing individuals to become future leaders. This unique opportunity allows individuals to live together, interact, and engage in intellectual and social pursuits. The EWC fellowship offers valuable experiences in team-building activities, learning about the Asia Pacific region, leadership projects, internships, educational enrichment, cultural sharing, community service, and service-learning initiatives. Furthermore, it expands your social connections by forming friendships that contribute positively to the Asia Pacific region’s transformation.
The fully-funded scholarships for international students in the USA will cover essential expenses for University of Hawai’i graduates, including books, housing in an EWC dormitory, health insurance, partial meal funding, and incidental costs. Furthermore, based on merit, additional funding is available for field studies, attending conferences, and delivering presentations. The EWC stands out among international institutions due to its proactive focus on campus-level team building, which extends to community development across the Asia Pacific region. While individuals learn and collaborate, they also lend a helping hand to the local community, fostering progress in the surrounding areas.
Regarding the EWC Graduate Degree Fellowship for 2024, the University of Hawai’i is the flagship campus of the state. Established in 1970, it has expanded to encompass over 320 acres in Manoa Valley. This research-based university offers bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees in a wide range of fields. The EWC supports fellowships in fields aligned with its central mission. In our era of increased global interdependence, leaders must possess a wealth of knowledge based on multicultural perspectives, regional awareness, and a shared sense of community. Initiatives such as these not only empower individuals to excel in their careers but also contribute to the advancement of nations in alignment with their national and global objectives.
EWC Graduate Degree Fellowship in the United States:
- United States.
- East-West Center (EWC).
- University of Hawai’i (UH).
- United States.
- Pacific Region.
- Southeast Asia.
- South Asia.
- East Asia.
- Master’s Level.
- Doctoral Level.
- The duration of the EWC Fellowship in the United States varies from program to program.
Benefits of the EWC Graduate Degree Fellowship in the United States:
- You will get exposure to economic, social, and technological innovations.
- Health insurance.
- Books expense.
- Housing in an EWC dormitory.
- Partial funding towards meals.
- Any other Incidental expenses.
- Additional funding for field study, attending conferences, and conducting presentations is also offered on a competitive basis.
Eligibility Criteria of the EWC Graduate Degree Fellowship:
- Graduates of listed eligible countries can apply.
- Must have obtained a 4-year Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- The degree should be accredited by a U.S. institute or any other higher learning institute abroad.
- Must have a GPA of 3.00 out of 4.00.
How to Apply for the EWC Graduate Degree Fellowship in the United States?
- Students have to apply through the online application portal.
- If you are a student at the University of Hawai’i, directly apply to EWC.
- Upload the necessary documentation.
- If you are not a student at the University of Hawai, apply to UH.
- After applying to UH, apply to EWC with the necessary documentation.
- The UH evaluates and informs the decision to EWC.
- The final selection will be made by EWC.
Documents required for the EWC Fellowship in the USA:
- Passport Biography page.
- Graduate program statement of objectives.
- Proof of application submission to UH, in case of applying to EWC if you were not enrolled in UH.
EWC Fellowship Application Deadline:
- The application deadline is December 01, 2023.