The OHCHR Indigenous Fellowship Program 2024 in Switzerland aims to give motivated individuals professional experience so they can study and fight for human rights to bring about social justice for people. People from almost every region of the world who speak any of the following languages—English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, or Russian—can easily apply for this fully-funded fellowship. Your four-week journey will be spent in Geneva, where you’ll receive intensive training in how to handle problems faced by people all over the world. The Fellows will have the chance to participate actively in the annual June/July Expert Mechanism on the Rights of Indigenous People.
The renowned Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights launched the United Nations fellowship program in Geneva in 1997. It was created in recognition of the World’s Indigenous Peoples finishing their first international decade. The program aims to give indigenous people the opportunity to learn about the operating procedures of United Nations Institutions that are actively addressing issues involving human rights and indigenous people. With the assistance of this international fellowship, you will be able to better support communities and human rights organizations in their efforts to safeguard and advance human rights in the context of human security.
The criteria that reflect gender and regional balance as well as the balance of global communities are the only ones used in the selection process for the fully funded UN fellowship in Geneva. Additionally, when choosing the participants, consideration is also given to the regional human rights situation. Following the interviews in their respective languages, the previously selected indigenous fellows will initially choose 15–20 candidates. The partner Universities will participate in the selection of the candidates if they have applied for Portuguese, Spanish, and Russian languages. The People’s Friendship University of Russia, the University of Deusto, and the University of Brasilia will work with the Office of the United Nations Human Rights Commissioner to provide the fellows with the preparatory training course. Final selection is based on the judgment of an advisory panel made up of OHCHR employees.
The fundamental human rights to food, health, education, employment, and liberty apply to everyone without regard to their nationality, sex, origin, ethnicity, religion, language, or nation. The Universal Declaration of Human Rights can direct you better if any of the rights are restricted. Since each of these rights is dependent on the others, you cannot exercise one while restricting another. It holds that every human being has the right to exercise their basic freedoms and dignity on an equal basis at birth. You will be able to stand up for the people’s human rights with the help of this free fellowship program. resulting in global change.
OHCHR Indigenous Fellowship Program 2024 in Geneva, Switzerland:
- Geneva, Switzerland
- United Nations Human Rights Office of the High Commissioner.
- The duration of the OHCHR Indigenous Fellowship Program 2024 in Switzerland is four weeks.
Benefits of the OHCHR Indigenous Fellowship Program 2024 in Switzerland:
- It will be available in five languages including English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, and Russian.
- It will provide you with the return flight ticket.
- It will cover your living expenses.
- It will provide you the basic health insurance coverage for the whole duration of the training.
Eligibility Criteria of the OHCHR Indigenous Fellowship Program 2024 in Switzerland:
- You must be an indigenous candidate.
- There is no specific age limit required.
- There is no restriction on formal education.
- You should be committed to educating other indigenous people after your return to the respective communities.
- The candidate with the proposed personality should apply.
- You should have a good working knowledge of any of the above-mentioned languages.
How to Apply for the OHCHR Indigenous Fellowship Program 2024 in Switzerland?
- Students have to apply online.
- You need to download the application form.
- Ensure to fill in the required information.
- Complete your application form carefully and send it to the given address before the deadline.
- The application deadline for the OHCHR Indigenous Fellowship Program 2024 in Switzerland is September 30, 2023.