Reagan-Fascell Democracy Fellowship 2024 in the USA: The Reagan-Fascell Democracy Fellowship 2024 presents a fully-funded opportunity for activists, journalists, civil society leaders, and scholars hailing from diverse corners of the globe. This fellowship offers a five-month residence at the National Endowment for Democracy (NED) in Washington D.C. The program facilitates independent research into global democratic developments or specific country/region-based research. Additionally, the fellowship connects participants with advanced skills and expertise through the International Forum for Democratic Studies, a premier hub for analyzing worldwide democratic transitions.
This comprehensive five-month international fellowship in the USA caters to both practitioners and scholars. Practitioners enhance their strategies and techniques for advancing democracy on a global scale, while scholars refine their abilities to conduct original, impactful research for publication. The National Endowment for Democracy Fellowship ensures fruitful engagement with peers, provides research and writing resources, and fosters professional relationships within a global network of democracy advocates.
The Reagan-Fascell program warmly welcomes practitioners from developing or aspiring democracies, as well as individuals from non-democratic countries and established democracies alike. The NED democracy fellowship program is enriched with educational and recreational events that familiarize fellows with NED’s work and related institutions. These events encompass seminars, roundtable conferences, field trips, sports, museum visits, movie screenings, and social gatherings. The intention is to educate fellows on democracy-related matters and cultivate a sense of camaraderie among them.
The Reagan-Fascell NED fellowship centers around specific democracy-oriented projects. Fellows are expected to align with NED-proposed projects, focusing on various dimensions of democratic development such as political, social, economic, legal, and cultural aspects. Projects can adopt diverse methodologies and approaches. This article serves as a comprehensive guide, detailing financial benefits, eligibility criteria, and the application process for prospective candidates. Given NED’s mission to champion global freedom, individuals who resonate with democratic values and their propagation should seize the opportunity to apply for the Reagan-Fascell Democracy Fellowship program.”
Reagan-Fascell Democracy Fellowship 2024 in the USA:
- The United States of America
- National Endowment for Democracy (NED)
- Washington, D.C.
- 5 Months
Benefits of the Reagan-Fascell Democracy Fellowship 2024:
- The fellows will receive a monthly stipend.
- The health insurance of the fellows will be covered by the organization.
- The cost of a furnished rental apartment will be paid.
- The cost of roundtrip travel to and from Washington D.C. will be covered.
- The costs of living which include food, local transportation, and other living necessities will be covered.
- A fully equipped office will is provided.
- The cost of long-distance phone calls and professional trips will be covered. (Limited budget)
Eligibility Criteria of the Reagan-Fascell Democracy Fellowship 2024:
The basic eligibility criteria are the same for both practitioners as well as scholars. However, some requirements are different for both of them.
- The applicants must be proficient in English.
- The applicant must propose a project that will be focusing on the political, social, economic legal, or cultural sides of the democratic countries.
- The applicants must ensure their availability at the residence in Washington D.C. during their 5-months of the fellowship program.
Eligibility for Practitioners Track
- The applicant must be a mid-career professional.
- The applicant must have practical experience promoting democracy or human rights in the country or region.
Eligibility for Scholars
- The applicants must have completed the PhD or equivalent academic degree at the time of application.
- The applicants must have a record of publications in their respective fields.
- The applicants must formulate a detailed outline of the research project for the fellowship program.
How to apply for the Reagan-Fascell Democracy Fellowship 2024?
- In order to apply the applicants have to create an online account through our online portal.
- After the successful creation of the account and successful registration, a confirmation email will be received.
- Through the confirmation email, the applicants will be brought to a webpage from which they can create a username and password to continue the application process.
Application Process of the NED Fellowship 2024:
- The application process starts after successfully logging in.
- To start the application click on the click to start button.
- Provide your general information including name, citizenship, date of birth and gender, etc.
- Provide authentic and accessible contact information.
- Provide an accurate assessment of English proficiency.
- Provide your fellowship information.
- A complete project proposal information must be provided.
- An updated resume must be provided in the application.
- Provide all the reference information.
- Don’t leave any blank in the application.
- After providing all the required information click on the review and submit application button.
- All the application material must be submitted in English.
- The application deadline for the 2022-2023 Reagan-Fascell Democracy Fellows Program is November 7, 2023.