The Mexican Government Scholarships for 2023 have been announced by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in collaboration with the Mexican Agency for International Development Cooperation. These scholarships offer an opportunity for international students to study in Mexico at no cost. The program is open to students at various academic levels, including undergraduate and graduate mobility programs, as well as Master’s, Doctoral, and Postgraduate Research levels. This international scholarship program is made available to individuals from over 180 countries through bilateral and special agreements, as well as multilateral mechanisms. If you have the desire to study abroad but face financial constraints, the Mexican Government Scholarship provides a solution, allowing you to enjoy the benefits of international education.
This global opportunity to study in Mexico on a scholarship is open to international undergraduates, graduates, and researchers who are actively seeking to pursue their education in the beautiful surroundings of Mexico. Apart from receiving a quality-oriented education, students will also have the opportunity to enrich their cultural and academic experiences. The Mexican government and its people warmly welcome students with exceptional educational backgrounds or potential for research, recognizing their valuable contributions to the development of Mexico, their home countries, and the world at large.
The fully-funded scholarship to study abroad at dynamic Mexican universities is an opportunity not to be missed. These scholarships for international students demonstrate Mexico’s commitment to its role as a responsible global actor, promoting cooperation and cultivating high-level talent. These opportunities ensure the presence of foreign students, researchers, scientists, academics, as well as men and women, contributing to the creation of lasting and meaningful dialogues that enrich the country’s foreign policy agenda. This internationalization through Mexican offerings benefits the academic community in Mexico in multiple ways.
While studying in a foreign country away from your family can be a challenging decision, when you weigh the advantages and disadvantages of the scholarships offered by the Mexican Government, you will realize that this opportunity can significantly transform your career in a positive way. In addition to receiving a quality education, the international exposure and interactions with people from diverse backgrounds will play a vital role in your personal and professional development. Moreover, the allure of beautiful beaches, delicious cuisine, and ancient Mayan ruins adds an extra dimension to your journey, enhancing your overall experience.
Mexican Government Scholarships 2023:
- Mexican Universities/Learning Institutions.
- Undergraduate Level.
- Bachelor’s Level.
- Master’s Level.
- Doctoral Level.
Mexican Government Scholarship Duration:
- The duration of the Mexican Government Scholarships for Undergraduate Mobility Program is a maximum of 24 months.
- The duration of the Mexican Government Scholarships for the Master’s Mobility Program is a maximum of 12 months.
- The duration of the Mexican Government Scholarships 2023-23 for the Master’s Degree Program is a maximum of 24 months.
- The duration of the Mexican Government Scholarships for Doctoral Program is maximum 36 months.
- The duration of the Mexican Government Scholarships for Research Stays is a maximum of 12 months.
Benefits of the Mexican Government Scholarships for International Students 2023:
- If you are applying for Master’s, Bachelor’s, or Master’s level research, you will receive a monthly allowance that would be four times the monthly value of the Federal Economic Measurement Unit, at that time.
- If you are applying for doctoral level or research stays, your stipend would be five times the monthly value of the Federal Economic Measurement Unit, at that time.
- Your exposure to international dynamics will expand.
- Medical insurance coverage is granted.
- International air flight transportation.
- National transportation.
- The sponsor itself will be the administration and management of the benefits associated with the scholarship.
Eligibility Criteria of the Mexican Government Scholarships 2023:
- Full-time undergraduate/ Bachelor’s/ Master’s students are eligible, depending upon the program they are enrolled into.
- Non-Mexican citizens or diplomats or nationals or visa holders can apply.
- You must not have received any Mexican scholarship before.
- You must not have received any scholarship in the previous year from a Federal Government institution.
- Applicants with good scores in previous degrees can apply.
How to Apply for the Mexican Government Scholarships 2023?
- Students have to register through the online application system, named SIGCA.
- Register your account first.
- Ensure to mention the area of your interest and other required information.
- You cannot apply for more than one application.
- Ensure to provide the supporting documents, required in the application form.
- Complete your application form carefully and submit it.
- Ensure to register the application in the Spanish Language.
Selection Criteria for the Mexican Government Scholarships 2023:
- Competitive ranking.
- Good academic record.
Documents required for the Mexican Government Scholarships 2023:
- Copy of valid passport, expressing your identification information.
- Copy of medical certificate issued by a public or private healthcare provider with no more than 3 months old.
- Declaration letter, duly signed by the applicant himself.
- Detailed CV of a maximum of 4 pages.
- If you are studying in Mexico, you must provide a temporary Resident ID card and Unique Population Registry Code.
- All documents should be provided in the Spanish Language in pdf format.
Application Registration Deadline:
- The application registration deadline for the Mexican Scholarships is July 21, 2023.