One of the best scholarships in the UK, the Chevening Scholarship offers all aspiring candidates from Chevening member or eligible countries a fully-funded scholarship for a one-year master’s program in UK universities. Students from all over the world have always chosen to study in the UK because it is home to some of the best educational institutions in the world. The Chevening U.K. Government Scholarship Program is an excellent chance for gifted, self-driven, and skilled students to succeed in their studies and goals while receiving training from top-notch educational institutions they would not have been able to attend otherwise.
Due to its capacity to suppress various cultures, ethnicities, and nations, the United Kingdom is the most ethnically and culturally diverse country. Chevening is the best master’s scholarship in the UK for students who have a strong interest in learning about other cultures and who are accepting of people of different races and nationalities. In addition, the UK offers a one-year master’s program, which is uncommon in other nations. Since goal-oriented people understand the true value of timing when beginning a career, the master’s in the UK is always preferred, and Chevening is a platform from which the dream of attending one of the UK’s top universities can be realized. In addition to all of these benefits, Chevening Scholarships offer exceptional chances to study in the UK as well as the chance to become fluent in English, a language that is spoken around the world and is a stepping stone to advancement and growth in the global community.
It has been established that the Chevening scholars are the agents of change in this global society. Through their innovative thinking and a network of their own Chevening community, the Cheveners are overcoming the local and global challenges. Since its inception in 1983, the Chevening Scholarship UK has allowed recipients to commit to serving their communities while returning home for at least two years before beginning their actual journey. The Chevening fully-funded scholarship for international students, a highly competitive scholarship program in the UK, has been demonstrating its value as a milestone in elevating careers, transforming communities, reshaping and expanding perspectives, and creating global connections. Chevening scholars have made a difference for humanity while setting standards in almost every area of life. For instance, the Chevening scholars broke records for volunteering by devoting 6,467 hours of their time while pursuing their master’s degrees in the UK. Similar to this, Chevening alumna Amina Mehmood teamed up with the UK Foreign Secretary to spearhead the Girl’s Education Initiative. Numerous instances serve as inspiration for graduates to apply for prestigious UK scholarships.
Chevening brings together scholars and future leaders from more than 160 countries and territories, fostering the development of networks, friendships, and lasting memories. This setting promotes international harmony and lessens extremism and refractory behavior. More than 50,000 people have graduated from Chevening, including 18 current or former heads of state or government. Alumni of Chevening Awards also succeed in non-political areas of life. Chevening scholarships for international students are extremely competitive, so their application process and eligibility requirements call for keen attention to detail. One must meet the requirements in order to be chosen for this fully funded UK scholarship program. Additionally, one must adhere to the application process, which has been covered in the following paragraphs.
Chevening Scholarship 2024 in the UK:
- United Kingdom
- Chevening Awards are awarded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organizations.
- Master’s Degree Program (Masters/MPhil)
Chevening Awards Duration:
- 1 year fully funded UK scholarship
Benefits of the Chevening Scholarship 2022-2023:
- Chevening will pay the quarantine cost if booked by Diversity Travel.
- The tuition fee will be covered.
- Chevening scholars are not required to pay any visa fee.
- A monthly living allowance will be paid.
- An economy class return air ticket will be given.
- UK additional grants will be given to cover extra expenditures.
- If the TB test is applicable in any of the Chevener’s countries, the amount for the test will be reimbursed.
- The Chevening scholars will receive cash cards which will be given on the day of arrival.
Chevening Scholarship Requirements 2024:
- The applicant must be a citizen of Chevening eligible country or territory.
- The applicant must be able to return to his/her own country for at least two years after the completion of the award.
- The applicant must be applied for a full-time master’s degree program, not less or more than 12 months.
- The applicant must have attended an undergraduate degree equivalent to an upper second class 2:1 honors degree in the UK.
- The applicant has applied to three different university courses and has received an unconditional letter for one of the courses.
- The applicant must have two years of work experience or work experience of 2800 hours.
- The applicants who are of British nationality or dual British citizens are not eligible to apply unless the applicants are citizens of British overseas territory and are applying from Hong Kong.
- The applicants who hold refugee status in a non-Chevening country are not eligible. Only those refugee status applicants eligible who are in Chevening member countries.
- The applicants who are employees, former employees, or relatives of current and former employees of her Majesty’s Government, or a staff member of the Association member of Commonwealth Universities can not apply.
- Applicants who is employees, former employees, or relatives of an employee of a Chevening partner organization can apply but they can not receive a Chevening partner award from that particular organization in which they or their relatives work.
- The applicant who is already in the UK under the UK’s Government funding can not apply.
How to Apply for the Chevening Scholarship 2023?
- The applicant has to apply online through the online application system (OAS).
- The applicants are recommended to apply through Google Chrome while using a laptop or a PC rather than a mobile or tablet.
- The applicant must have applied for three different courses in the UK’s universities because, for the Chevening scholarship in the United Kingdom, an unconditional offer letter for any one course is required.
- In order to apply successfully the size and format of the files just need the requirements that the documents must be in JPG, PNG, or PDF form and not larger than 5MB.
- The length of the file names must not exceed 50 characters.
Chevening Scholarship Application Process 2024:
The Chevening application process is given below:
- The application must be submitted in English.
- The applicant must remember the username and password in order to be able to log back into OAS.
- In your application, provide accurate information, especially your contact and e-mail.
- Avoid using the browser’s back and ‘forward buttons, this may lead you out of the application system. Instead, use the menu from the application form.
- The application includes four essay questions.
- The essay must not be less than 100 words and the maximum essay word count is 500 words. Ensure that you meet this requirement to answer all questions.
- The application has no autosave button, so you must save the application on your own. Remember each online application session expires every 60 minutes. Try to save your application before the expiry of time otherwise the unsaved entries will be lost.
- An application is a lengthy process, you can log out from the application and can start any other time while using the username and password and the given link via e-mail.
- You have only three chances to submit the eligibility form correctly. In case of failure, your application will not be submitted and you can submit your application for next year only.
- Once you have clicked the submit button you can not modify your application.
- You have only one chance per year to submit your application and only one application is accepted. That is why your first submitted application will be considered final.
- Your application must contain two reference letters. Make sure your referees are able to be contacted if needed. The British High Commission contacts and verifies the authenticity of the reference letters from your referees.
Tips for Chevening Scholarship Reference Letters:
The reference letters must answer the following questions:
- The referee’s contact details: address, e-mail, and phone number.
- For how long the referee has known the applicant?
- In what capacity does the referee know the applicant?
- When did the referee have the last contact with the applicant?
- A brief endorsement that explains the applicant’s skills and ability to be part of the Chevening Scholarship.
Tips for a Successful Chevening Scholarship Application Form:
- The applicant must correctly answer all the pre-screen to access the application form. A lot of candidates are rejected in this very initial stage because of incorrect answers.
- Once the applicant has access to the application all the eligibility parts must be attended to carefully.
- The applicant must not overlook the work experience section. Make sure to enter the correct number of work hours and the correct number of working weeks. The applicant must not be unrealistic while entering the work hours (e.g. 30,000 instead of 20 hours/week).
- The applicants who indicate dual citizenship are rejected.
- Make sure you do not enter one experience twice.
- It is recommended that you have the same courses selected at three different universities which shows your commitment to your goals (the name may differ).
- Do not choose duplicate courses for the same university.
- Carefully fill out your declaration part in which you have to answer according to Yes or NO.
- Do not copy and paste your answers from other websites it will show plagiarism and your application will be rejected. Answer with originality.
- Do not repeat the same answers.
- Make sure to fulfill the word count requirement.
- It is recommended to have an English Proficiency Certificate even if the Chevening Scholarship does not require any proof but it can be the requirement of the university to which you are applying of the university you are applying and you are expected an unconditional offer letter from that university.
Chevening Scholarship Application Deadline:
- The application deadline for the scholarship is November 7, 2023.