The Chevening India Cyber Security Fellowship in the UK for the year 2024 has been meticulously designed to attract mid-career professionals who are keen to delve into the realms of cyber security or cyber policy within the Indian context. This fully-funded fellowship opportunity necessitates that applicants hold a post-graduate qualification showcasing outstanding academic achievements in engineering, science, or technology, or possess significant professional training or work experience in a related domain at the time of application. Individuals who exhibit promising leadership potential in the field of cyber security are strongly encouraged to apply for this fellowship program, which is hosted by Cranfield University. Join forces with seasoned experts to explore innovative concepts and cutting-edge practices in the realm of cyber security, amidst a world fraught with security challenges.
The Chevening Fellowship for 2024 aspires to offer a hands-on learning experience through the Chevening India fellowship program, generously funded by the UK Foreign, Commonwealth, and Development Office. This fellowship will be conducted at the prestigious Defence Academy of the UK, Shrivenham Campus. The duration of this fellowship spans 10 weeks, during which you will gain profound insights into the intricacies of cyber security, its policy frameworks, and legislative approaches, along with their ramifications on national security, crime prevention, commercialization, and privacy rights. Toward the end of the program, you will be required to work on an individual research paper, allowing you to track your learning journey throughout the fellowship.
The Chevening Fellowships for 2024 are geared towards an in-depth exploration of cyber threats, encompassing the threat landscape, risk assessment, and implications for national security. The program will also delve into the significance of cyber governance structures and the security of critical national infrastructure. You will gain a comprehensive understanding of the economics of online businesses, consumer awareness and protection, as well as the adaptive challenges posed by technology. Furthermore, you will become well-versed in cybercrime and cyber laws, considering their economic impact, both nationally and internationally, as well as the use and misuse of social media and liability issues in cyberspace. The program will provide a holistic understanding of these issues and challenges, with a particular focus on the context of both the UK and India.
Participants in the Chevening India Cyber Security Fellowship are encouraged to bring forth their ideas for effecting positive change in the world. This fellowship promises to boost your confidence levels, equip you with education and networking opportunities, and instill the conviction needed to generate successful and impactful ideas. Chevening fellows often continue to advance their careers, working in various capacities within cyber security organizations, law enforcement agencies, and policy institutions, including roles such as corporate lawyers, technology journalists, and practicing advocates. The Chevening UK fellowship is a lifelong opportunity, offering participants the chance to become part of a supportive community that extends its benefits even beyond the 10 weeks spent in the UK.”
Chevening India Cyber Security Fellowship in the UK 2024:
- UK (United Kingdom).
- Cranfield University.
- Foreign, Commonwealth, and Development Office.
Chevening Fellowship 2024 Tenure:
- The period of the Chevening India Fellowship is for 10 weeks.
Benefits of the Chevening India Cyber Security Fellowship 2024:
- Full Program fees will be covered under this international fellowship.
- Living expenses will be covered for the whole duration of the fellowship.
- A return air ticket in economy class from India to the UK is provided.
Eligibility Criteria of the Chevening India Cyber Security Fellowship 2024 in the UK:
- You should be currently a citizen of India and currently residing there.
- You must be willing to return to your country of citizenship after completing the fellowship.
- You should not possess British or dual British citizenship.
- You must hold a minimum of ten (10) years of working experience at the time of application.
- You must possess post-graduation educational qualification with excellent academic scores in engineering, science, or technology, or equivalent professional training or experience in the related area of expertise at the time of application.
- You must hold relevant experience in policy organizations, corporate law, academia, law enforcement, or journalism in the areas of cyber policy issues or cyber security.
- You must exhibit a strong leadership record.
- You must possess innovative skills.
- You must have a good working knowledge of the English language.
- You must adhere to the requirements, guidelines, and expectations of the fellowship.
- You must not be an employee, Ex-employee, or relative of an employee of His Majesty’s government, the British Council, a sponsoring UK university, or a staff of the Association of Commonwealth Universities.
How to Apply for the Chevening Fellowship 2024:
- Students have to go to the official website of the Chevening organization.
- You must register yourself first.
- After verification via email, log into your account by providing the relevant details.
- Fill up the required fields.
- Provide all the supporting documents, if required.
- Complete the application form carefully and submit it.
Chevening Cyber Security Fellowship Application Deadline:
- The application deadline is October 11, 2023.